1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General For those not using Sense

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jxnrxy, Apr 10, 2010.

1. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    Arizona
    What calendar, bookmarks, and music widgets are you using? (if any) i'm using Helix Launcher and struggling to find widgets for my home screen that I like! So i'm reaching out to the community...HELP!!!:D

Advertisement

2. andrizoid

andrizoid Android Expert
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    i dont use calander or bookmarks :(
    but im pretty satisfied with the stock music widget. if you want to try something different though try the cubed music app

[​IMG]

scan that and it will download. the picture itself is not a link-dont click-

3. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Android Expert
    None

Calwidget. I use the 4x4 size that fills the entire screen. Colors are completely customizable.

4. ttran97

ttran97 Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    California
    For bookmarks, I use "Live Bookmarks". It's free and it creates a folder that you just click and it lists all of your bookmarks.

For calendar, I have "Smooth Calendar". That lists your next 3 appointments as well as today's date. You can press it to open up the calendar. Sometimes I use "S2 calendar widget" if i feel like putting a 2x1 calendar on the screen that shows the whole month.

I don't use a music widget...I just open up the stock music player or 3 (cubed) player. Cubed is great and even my iPhone friends get envious when they see it.

5. 150_cav

150_cav Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 16, 2009
    Verizon repair tech
    beautiful widgets is amazing but quick question, even if you don't use sense doesn't it still use at least 6mb of ram?

6. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    I use Pure Calendar widget for my calendar (I also use it on Sense UI because the HTC Calendar widget is messed up, displaying all day events a day too early, and it shows only one event.) I don't use music or bookmark widgets. For bookmarks, I have a bookmarks folder and I just add icons for a few of them that I check most often.

7. jxnrxy

jxnrxy Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    Arizona
    doesn't beautiful widgets only have the toggle widgets like wifi, vibrate, airplane etc. and the weather/clock widget?

i need a calender, bookmark, and music widget...i can't use the HTC widgets when using Helix Launcher

8. DaWeav

DaWeav Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Lemoore, CA
    Well, I looked at my Sense UI's seven screens and I had nothing on one. On the second, I had the full screen Bookmark widget which I didn't use that much. On the third, I had the Peep widget which I did use. On the 4th I had the toggle widgets which I used, and the People widget which I never really used at all. So, the Peep widget was really the only Sense UI widget I was actively using. I did have one Sense homescreen with the Music Widget and Pandora Widget, but since I've been using the Tasker app (in beta still) which performs a Profile task to auto-launch a menu of Music apps when it senses a headphone connected which I then just select the media app I want, I just never used those media widgets anymore.

So, until the 2.1 official upgrade comes out, I am now experimenting using the default Android Home launcher with just three homescreens (to see if its really faster) along with Beautiful Widgets ($$) since I like its 1x4 clock/weather widget over the Sense 2x4 clock/weather widget and it comes with the toggle widgets I use, but it doesn't launch the calendar when I select the date probably due to the Sense UI calendar being native. The other widgets I use are Android Agenda widget and the gTasks widget.

9. lgldrgdlr

lgldrgdlr Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 28, 2010
    Burbs of Chicago
    And one would find this where?

10. DaWeav

DaWeav Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 13, 2009
    Lemoore, CA
    Here, and check out the rest of the Tasker Forums and especially the Tasker WiKi samples.

11. Kutanks

Kutanks Member
    None

Mar 19, 2010
    Best Buy Cashier
    MA
    On 2.1 the stock music widget works well, it doesn't display album art though. If you use mixzhing, those widgets are pretty nice