1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

For those of us having difficulty with the new CWR update...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Steven58

Steven58 Recognized Incompetent Moderator
    Moderator Thread Starter

There is an option in Rom Mgr to flash an older Clockwork. I did and it works much better.

UPDATE: The only way to keep d2bootstrap AND Rom Manager stable is to go flash the OLD clockwork mod in the rom mgr app. Version 2.5.0.7.

Advertisement

2. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

but you should mention that only applies for the sensei mod users.

3. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

No, it doesn't even work for Sensei users. The problem with Sensei is the Rom. The problem with Rom Manager/CWR and the Droid X is resolved with flashing the earlier recovery version.

I've been around and around with this and the data points to this ^ as the accurate conclusion.

4. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

ok got ya :)

*EDIT*
    but when i was on sensei i could not flash another rom, i had to sbf to flash something different

5. zanoodi

zanoodi Well-Known Member

I see the option to Flash Alternate Recovery but it's greyed out. The option below All ClockworkMod Recoveries only offers me to flash back to 2.5.0.7.

6. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

That's right. It was from this past June or so.

7. jerry42570

jerry42570 Well-Known Member

I just tried the option below Flash Alternative Recovery since it is greyed out (phone running CM7). The only option it gives me is 2.5.0.7.

Edit - sorry for the duplicate message. I just read your message again and realized I'm just repeating your post.

8. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

2.5.0.8 working fine for me with Apex. I'm creating a backup right now in recovery, booted via RM. What's the issue?

9. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

This issue was with the latest cwr 5.0.2.0. Funky stuff was happening with it. Rom Mgr wasn't working consistantly, and neither was d2 bootstrap.

10. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

I flashed 5.0.2.0 from RM and couldn't boot into recovery so flashed with D2 Bootstrap.

11. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Exactly. I had some trouble with d2bootstrap as well, though. It seems as if cwr has moved on beyond the dx.