• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those of you who bought the G2, do you still like it?

dan, can you tell us if you are using an LG wireless charging unit or something other?

also, what is your experience with charge rate vs. the adapter and microUSB cable?
thanks.

I bought the Lugulake Qi charger and love it. It has a built in 6000mAH reserve so it can power even if your electricity goes out.

Charge works fine with TPU case on the phone.

The wireless charge is a bit slower than USB but nothing dramatic.

Upvote 0
I still have the gnex and have had since it came out almost 2 years ago. I still like the phone so I'm not dying to upgrade... but if I was going to, it would probably be to the G2. For you guys that have it, do you like it, not like it, love it... and what phone did you have previously.

Got Tmobile version 2 days ago and love it. Came from htc one and s4, g2 is almost perfect to me except for the lg skin, which sucks big time.

I can deal with HTC sense, Samsung touchwiz but this lg interface is really killing me.

So I put the nova launcher on and problem solved. Now I enjoy the phone a lot and never look back.

Upvote 0
Got Tmobile version 2 days ago and love it. Came from htc one and s4, g2 is almost perfect to me except for the lg skin, which sucks big time.

I can deal with HTC sense, Samsung touchwiz but this lg interface is really killing me.

So I put the nova launcher on and problem solved. Now I enjoy the phone a lot and never look back.

Thats great to know. Thats funny that youre coming from the HTC one and S4... those are still "now" phones and youre already leaving them like last years news.

Ive been reading up on it already. The day my phone arrives, Ill be rooting, unlocking and slapping on cleanROM.

Upvote 0
**UPDATE**The battery life has gotten better after disabling certain apps and location services, but the camera is still sub par compared to my Nokia 920. I haven't figured out how to keep the images from blurring easy and low light situations are no friend to this camera; otherwise, I like the phone and OS, especially since it gives me access to an app I was missing on WP8. The speakers don't get very loud, but the large screen size is nice.

Upvote 0
This is my second G2; the first one was defective (produced terrible images). I like the device, so far, but battery life has been inconsistent. The phone lasted nearly 24 hours on day one, but subsequent days have been around 14 hours (not bad). Obviously, when you have a new device you tend to use it more - its lasted longer than my previous device, the S3. The screen is amazing but I've noticed a grid effect in certain lighting (I think it's LG's screen technology). The audio, without headphones is good, but only one of the grids is a speaker (output). Knockon (activate and disable display feature) is inconsistent, but convenient. Need to take more pictures, in different lighting situations, to comment on the camera, the first one was horrible.

Upvote 0
dan, can you tell us if you are using an LG wireless charging unit or something other?

also, what is your experience with charge rate vs. the adapter and microUSB cable?
thanks.

Sorry for the long delay. Was out of the country.
I am using a the Nokia DT-900 charging pad that I picked up online from ATT at a 50% discount. Don't have the receipt in front of me but it was around $ 25. It works great and isn't really that fussy about placing the phone on the pad perfectly to get it to charge.
It is much slower that using the included charger, but not to bad, I'd say about an extra hour for a full charge coming from 30%.
Using this phone all day I usually drop in on the pad at bedtime around 30 %. Great battery life with this G2 !
Sorry, can't say what the USB charge rate is because I never have a need to use it.

Reactions: stef7
Upvote 0
Dan,
Very cool. I will be picking up a wireless charger if/when I get the phone. It makes little to no sense to me to mechanically cycle the microUSB port if you don't need to.

FWIW: listening to music, I try not to cycle the headphone jack much on my phones (nor listen to music on headphones for an extended period), instead, preferring to send music over BT to an inexpensive A2DP receiver (which can be had on eBAY for like $15), and can be plugged into a set of amplified speakers (I use an ALTEC 4621 system), or my stereo. With the ALTEC, to gain better right/left separation I purchased a Bus Mouse (remember those?) Extension Cable, DIN-9 Male to Female cable and the left speaker got moved further away from the Bass / Right channel.
Sam

Reactions: dan409
Upvote 0
One thing I've noticed though in using a wireless charger. I'm using the TYLT and it's very nice, but I do notice it doesn't quite top off the battery the way a regular wall charger does. I see this in how my G2 drops from 100 to 99. It does it about an hour quicker when I use the TYLT charger.

Given the great battery life, it's not a big deal, but if you're looking for the ultimate battery life, I think the 'top off' approach of the wall charger, gives you that little extra cushion.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones