1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

For those of you who use Evernote (Sharing Question)

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Ncage1974, Jan 7, 2012.

1. Ncage1974

Ncage1974 Member
    None

Mar 22, 2010
    I really just started using evernote. One thing that started frustrating me last night is every time i try to share an item with evernote (i tried google reader and the android browser) and it just shares a link. Thats not what i want. I want it to share the content. Otherwise i have to share the link and wait until i get home and click on the link and replace it with the link which will be a pain. I thought it was an evernote limitation but it looks like it something with android. No matter what application i share with its just a link. Anyone know a way around this?

thanks,
    Ncage

Advertisement

2. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Android Expert
    None

May 24, 2010
    Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it is a limitation (or advantage, depending on POI) of the Android system. The share function for Evernote is meant to use URLs for sharing, so that even others that don't use Evernote can access it.

I believe you can share full copies via email though.

3. regression

regression Android Expert
    None

Nov 10, 2009
    Male
    Memphis, TN
    I ran into the same problem. I got around it by using ReadItLater. I share a URL with it from the stock browser and it saves the text of the web page. If I want it in Evernote, I have to either share it from the ReadItLater app to Evernote or just go to ReadItLater on my PC and then save to Evernote.

Not the ideal solution, but gets you closer to what you are wanting.

4. Saltine713

Saltine713 Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 7, 2010
    Podcaster
    NY
    Or get the people you are sharing it with to get Evernote themselves, either on phone or on the computer.