• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

For those who had a shred of hope that 2.1 leakers are getting OTA.....

the link from the site provided that is dead can be found here:

Downloads - android-roms - Project Hosting on Google Code

the original file linked says it is signed-kila-ota-148830.de6a94ca.zip, so if you go to the link i provided and search for signed-kila-ota-148830.de6a94ca.zip, you'll find it.

i haven't tried the file, looking over it right now.

*i guess it's irrelevant though, since it is for the g1.

Upvote 0
Have you installed on your phone or just downloaded so far?

Just downloaded to see if the link was good. Haven't installed yet. Not really sure how. I know with v2 and v3 I just loaded the zip file on my SD card and did the reboot, but this is named different.

Just waiting for a pro on here who has the bravery to try it first.

I am a coward, I admit it.:eek:

Upvote 0
Are they serious right now??? Anyone could have told us this... wow! How can they seriously be telling us to install a rom for T-Mobile? And also to believe some random guy who gave them a link via Twitter and then tell their customers to try ANY of them?

@VZWSupport .. could it be on this page? http://code.google.com/p/android-roms/downloads/list
@Kaessa Yes great! Thanks for your help. *ZC 12 minutes ago via web

@abn75 I do not have the ability to test any of them.

@driverx125 You will have to choose one. I do not have the ability to test any of them.

@TopazAaron You will have to choose one. I do not have the ability to test any of them.

@homewmt You will have to choose one. I do not have the ability to test any of them.

@PhishChica I do not have the ability to check any of these links to see which of the cupcake updates works.

Upvote 0
if its named something different then just rename to PB00IMG.zip and flash it. your not going to ruin your phone, at most it will just reboot because the install failed.

i am rooted so i cant tryi, but this **shouldnt** mess your phone up at all.

only reason i say shouldnt is because i dont want to be blamed if 1 out of the hundreds of people who will eventually try it blames it on me when he bricks his phone doing something stupid

1. rename PB00IMG.zip
2. put on sd card
3. reboot with power down and power buttons

give it a shot. imagine how awesome it will be if it works :)

Upvote 0
if its named something different then just rename to PB00IMG.zip and flash it. your not going to ruin your phone, at most it will just reboot because the install failed.

i am rooted so i cant tryi, but this **shouldnt** mess your phone up at all.

only reason i say shouldnt is because i dont want to be blamed if 1 out of the hundreds of people who will eventually try it blames it on me when he bricks his phone doing something stupid

1. rename PB00IMG.zip
2. put on sd card
3. reboot with power down and power buttons

give it a shot. imagine how awesome it will be if it works :)

i'll try, which link tho??

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones