1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

For those who have now used both....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DuaneKling, Dec 23, 2011.

1. DuaneKling

DuaneKling Newbie

Okay, so a question for those who have used both the regular Transformer and the Prime.....is the performance really that much better for the Prime? I guess I am curious if the quad core really makes that big of a difference compared to the dual core?

I know it looks better - but you can not get the dock it appears right away for the Prime - and it is the dock that makes the unit unique. Only one USB for the prime dock vs 2 on the regular Transformer. I am very happy with the regular Transformer/dock...just wondering if the upgrade is really worth it for what most tablet users will do with their tablets. I mean, really, its not like anyone is going to be using a CAD based program on their tablet - so quad core could be overkill.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. speedygonzo

speedygonzo Member

Preformance is much better on the prime. With the quadcore processor, performance is amazing on the tablet better than the original transformer IMO
    Although, I was very impressed with the original transformers Preformance too.

DuaneKling likes this.
  3. photoprimer

photoprimer Lurker

Better performance, the screen is a warmer tint, so yellowish. My original looks bluer or cooler toned. Holding prime next to my calibrated dell professional ips monitor, the prime looks closer to it.

DuaneKling likes this.
  4. JackG058

JackG058 Well-Known Member

Unless something changes, both my tablet and my dock (champagne) show an estimated delivery date of January 5th from Amazon. Initially, my tablet showed the 5th but I received an email a week or so ago updating my dock as the 5th too, so they are coming soon.

ASUS Eee Pad Transformer Forum

The ASUS Eee Pad Transformer release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 10.1" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, and Nvidia Tegra 2 T20 processor.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews