1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Force 3g droid x

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by asghert, Feb 7, 2011.

1. asghert

asghert Newbie

Hi, I know this question is on here a bunch, but I can't seem to find a resolution on the 3G 1X problem I have.

I must be on the 50 yard line at home because I bounce continuously between a good 3G signal to a shi!!y 1X signal.

I tried the *#...4636 bla bla and changed the setting to WCDMA only and it defaults back to CDMA auto PRL sometimes right away and sometimes not.

Oh yeah and I tried changing it and pressing the home button instead of the back button only to wait a little while and find that it changes back.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
    asghert

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. asghert

asghert Newbie

I know I'm in the Droid X forum, but just in case someone asks, I am using one.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello asgert, and welcome to the forums.

We do see the "3G/1x dance" being reported around various device forums here. ;)

One way to find out if your device has an issue, or if the poor/intermittent 3G signal has more to do with tower proximity, etc, is to have another device right with you which uses 3G, preferably of course another X. Friend's? Co-workers? etc.

If you've been reading around about 3G issues in the X, then you've probably tried the various remedies, including a factory data reset?

4. asghert

asghert Newbie

Thanks for the reply and the welcome!

My builder has a droidx and his is hit and miss too.

I did a factory data reset a couple weeks ago before I rooted. If I do another reset will it affect my superuser status?

5. mruno

mruno Android Expert

it will not

6. asghert

asghert Newbie

Okay tried the hard reset and still can't force 3g only. Have tried everything I can search and find to try.... Does anyone have any suggestions?

THANKS

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews