1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Force check ota update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Swainsmith82, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Swainsmith82

Swainsmith82 Android Expert

For those that haven't received a notification for the latest software update v10e on the ms769, here's a workaround.. Go to manage apps and in Google services framework select clear data as well as force stop. Then navigate to settings/about phone/system updates and press check now. You might have to do the process a couple of times as I did. Of course you'll have to unroot to receive the upgrade but now everyone knows that there is one available..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Notice any differences on v10e? is it still android 4.1.2 and baseband L6260_MODEM_SIC_01.1305.00? kernel 3.0.31?

3. Swainsmith82

Haven't updated yet. I've unrooted, Uninstalled busybox, amd removed recovery but im still not able to update yet. I'm looking into what I still have left on my system causing this. Most likely the update isn't much but a few tweaks. It's only, 19mb in size so I doubt it's going to be a new os.

4. chopolo

chopolo Well-Known Member

kernel version baseband version and android version did not change after updating to 10e like Swainsmith82 says most likely a few teaks but nothing big.

5. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Thanks guys.. Probably locking the bootloader down more :(

6. Swainsmith82

Still haven't updated to 10e yet but pulled the update zip from the ota and it looks like it adds Google drive and a few libraries for drive to the system. It also has radio(baseband) tweaks included.

7. justoneguy

justoneguy Well-Known Member

jw but if you have the zip can't you just install it through recovery?

8. Swainsmith82

No, it's not flashable plus it has partitions I can't access to make it flashable..

9. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Flashed the radio update.. imho it seems more stable.. seems like it gets better service.. either it's a clear night.. -101 but two bars.. 3..

10. Swainsmith82

Radio update from??

11. travioso

travioso Android Expert

Kuma82 from over on xda... I'm not by the laptop at the moment.. He made a temp radio fix from v10e... can flash in our cwm without being unlocked..

12. Swainsmith82

That's for the t-mobile 10e I believe.

13. Swainsmith82

I found a v10d radio zip for Metro by kuma82 but not v10e...

14. Swainsmith82

NM I found it. It was deep into the thread

15. shain00

shain00 Member

im using the one click root method that also has an unroot method to it, if i unroot do i need to reboot in order to update properly. also does anyone have the ling to the LG update tool

16. travioso

travioso Android Expert

do you need the offline flash method or real one? real one is LG LGP769BK Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

17. shain00

shain00 Member

thanks dude hey i just dl the new update tool and i paused on updating because it said that my pics music and other stuff may be erased, ive never had that issue with the older version has anyone had to backup their stuff because it got erased

18. LoopyD

LoopyD Android Enthusiast

Someone get me a permalink to the XDA 10e radio? I'm going to do a little of experimenting. I have free time so bootloader here I come. You better unlock or I'll i'll hit you with a baseball bat. >.>;;

LG Optimus L9 Forum

The LG Optimus L9 release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4430 processor, and 2150mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews