1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Force childs ringer ON

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by XDotNet, Feb 18, 2011.

1. XDotNet

XDotNet Lurker

My kid turns his ringer off for several reasons. Is there phone control app that lets me force the ringer and text message notification on and password protects the settings? Or force ringer based on phone number. If possible a phone feature control app with password would be best...but I really need the feature above the most.

I'm one of those ogres who wants the phone off in school and on when I call. "Everybody else is texting..." if everybody else jumped off a bridge....sigh. Never thought i'd have to use that one :)

Advertisement

2. rmadler

rmadler Newbie

Use tasker. Program tasker so that when you call it turns on the ringer. Easy to do.

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Extreme Android User

Problem with Tasker is the kid could turn it off. I would suggest doing what my parents would probably do and threaten sudden and instant death if the kid kept doing it.

4. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Extreme Android User

Or you could just lock the app with an app like: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.sebastian.seal&feature=search_result (there is also a free version)

I installed "selective silence" on my daughter's phone since she turns her ringer off a lot. With this app you select which numbers you want and it will ring regardless of whether the ringer is on or off.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.noshufou.selectivesilence&feature=search_result

5. Susido

Susido Newbie

I just wish there was a way to have my phone ring at FULL volume when it's NOT set to silent mode. I have an HTC Desire Z and it is way too easy to unintentionally lower the volume so I won't hear it ring. Any app that can do that?

6. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

Do this and customize the ringtone to the Barney theme song after one or two embarrassing calls it will be "I'm sorry mom ill leave it on please make it stop"

7. Mitchell4500

Mitchell4500 Android Enthusiast

Do what my parents do. Threaten to take away the phone. :p