• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Force Close com.google.process.gapps

Chris951

Apr 11, 2011
Arizona
So lately I've been having some force close issues with this process. First my contacts will disappear and my whole sms inbox will just show numbers not names. Then a couple minutes later I'll get a popup saying something like sorry com.google.process.gapps has stopped responding and I will have to force close. But it will keep popping up so I'll have to restart my phone. Now its starting to do it more frequently. Its happened twice today and usually it does it once a day. This all started a few days ago. Any ideas why this is happening? No new apps have been installed and I've done nothing different then usual to cause this.

Hi - I did a quick search on Google using your keywords and found this. I hope it helps.

Popular answer Go to this answer

Hi,
Go to settings > Accounts & Sync > (goto your gamil account)
You should see there Sync contacts , Sync Gmail, Sync Calendar.
Try to manually sync each one individually.
See on what item you get the error.
Usally you get this error if you have problem with you Calenadar Sync.
So what you need to do is to clear it's data!
goto Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > find "Calendar Storage"
press the clear data button.
That's it, try to sync again...
(If it's not the calinder that causing the problem then you need to clear the relevent data of the problematic item)

Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones