1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Force Close issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ljsboyle, Apr 28, 2010.

1. ljsboyle

ljsboyle Lurker
    None

Apr 28, 2010
    is anyone else having issues with the phone and a system error message with something about com.htc.provider and it only gives you the option of a "force close" button. sometimes that is all that happens and once you hit the force close the message goes away, at least for a while. other times when this happens it deletes all of your text strings. i have 2 lines and 2 droids, both were having the same issue, did the factory resets, went to the store with both and finally gave in and took 2 refurbished phones to try and fix issue, both refurbished phones started doing the same thing immediately. i am in process of arguing with verizon about not wanting another eris to replace these. but need to know, am I that lucky that I would get 4 of these with the same issue and no one else is having this problem??

Advertisement

2. andrizoid

andrizoid Android Expert
    None

Mar 25, 2010
    i remember that from 1.5
    when i upgraded it stoppe happening.

3. bjf88

bjf88 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 13, 2009
    Task killer? Maybe an app that you had on each phone? Sometimes certain apps will join forces and mess up the OS.

4. zutmin

zutmin Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    zion
    If you were to upgrade to the 2.1 OS, with or without root, this problem will likely go away. This happened to me a couple of times, but i upgraded to the 2.1 v2 leak shortly after getting my Eris and the problem went away.

I do not recall any specific solution to this problem on 1.5 as it seemed to be related to different app processes conflicting with each other. I do recall someone mentioning the stock weather/clock widget being a culprit as well.

5. Papadroid

Papadroid Android Expert
    None

Jan 21, 2010
    Tampa, FL
    I echo what everyone else is saying, if you're on 1.5 going to 2.1 will most likely fix the issue. That is the main reason I went to the leak. Also I believe it has something to do with GPS and the HTC weather widgets in 1.5. If you're using the HTC clock with weather or any of the weather apps I would look into Weather & Toggle widets aka weather widget donate. Unfortunately I did not try that in 1.5 so I'm just guessing that it might work for you.