• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Force close loop!! Help!!

Okay, so last night I tried to install a theme from ROM Manager and when it rebooted it sat at the samsung screen for about 15 minutes and so I pulled the battery and rebooted. When it rebooted i immediately started getting bombarded with force close prompts. I am running DL09, uv jt1134 voodoo, supah clean.4. PLEASE HELP!!! >_<

Okay, so last night I tried to install a theme from ROM Manager and when it rebooted it sat at the samsung screen for about 15 minutes and so I pulled the battery and rebooted. When it rebooted i immediately started getting bombarded with force close prompts. I am running DL09, uv jt1134 voodoo, supah clean.4. PLEASE HELP!!! >_<

man you're in for a ride. .. (i did this once, only once myself)....let this be your lesson, you never ever under penalty of phone death...never pull the battery while its doing something, if its stuck it will be stuck 5 hours from now, if not it will have finished what it was doing, in these situations it is best to plug it in so it doesnt go dead and leave it be

to fix it you are going to need several tools

1. you better have a buttload of patience and humility because when you tell them what you did you are going to get bombarded with insults and such....deal with it, suck it up, dont bite the hand that feeds you

2. get in the #samsung-fascinate IRC channel for help, find one of the well known devs or alternatively post in the xda Fascinate section of the forums there on xda and ask politely for help. if it boots up but simply is in force close hell it's recoverable but its going to take some doing

3. dont pull the battery again when you think its stuck when doing any flashing of any kind

Upvote 0
where was this three months ago when voodoo 4 was borking everyones stuff? i asked over and over for a complete ODIN restore package and everyone kept telling me to use a nandroid or learn to use ADB....:(
We wish there are happen something like this in October dont we. I remember creating the SF bork support thread for this exact reason. A quick peek in xda shows me adryn published the DI01 cure all odin Dec 9th so yes this was very much after your hiatus started. Its not comfort to those of us who suffered prior to Dec. 9. But at least moving forward, its nice to know we're only 5-10 minutes away from a complete restore to a safe and stable stock experience.
I know you were soured on voodoo4 for example but trying voodoo 5 or the new froyo stuff is virtually worry free. There is nothing I've seen or tried this Odin cure all does not fix and overcome. I've used it a handful of times myself.
Its probably why moving forward everyone is so confidently recommend everyone just jump in and try all these brand new and sometimes untested things. Those of us with knowledge of and experience with the DI01 cure all odin know its like a get out of jail free card. So when Kaos debuts his new CM7/GB I wont hesitate to try it out. Whats the worst that can happen? It borks. I odin back to DI01 to cure all and then jump back on my superclean 1.0 DL30 in a grand total of 10 minutes.
Development has made some nice progress in recent months and the whole making it harder to bork and easier to recover from borks has gotten substantially better

Upvote 0
where was this three months ago when voodoo 4 was borking everyones stuff? i asked over and over for a complete ODIN restore package and everyone kept telling me to use a nandroid or learn to use ADB....:(

We wish there are happen something like this in October dont we. I remember creating the SF bork support thread for this exact reason. A quick peek in xda shows me adryn published the DI01 cure all odin Dec 9th so yes this was very much after your hiatus started. Its not comfort to those of us who suffered prior to Dec. 9. But at least moving forward, its nice to know we're only 5-10 minutes away from a complete restore to a safe and stable stock experience.
I know you were soured on voodoo4 for example but trying voodoo 5 or the new froyo stuff is virtually worry free. There is nothing I've seen or tried this Odin cure all does not fix and overcome. I've used it a handful of times myself.
Its probably why moving forward everyone is so confidently recommend everyone just jump in and try all these brand new and sometimes untested things. Those of us with knowledge of and experience with the DI01 cure all odin know its like a get out of jail free card. So when Kaos debuts his new CM7/GB I wont hesitate to try it out. Whats the worst that can happen? It borks. I odin back to DI01 to cure all and then jump back on my superclean 1.0 DL30 in a grand total of 10 minutes.
Development has made some nice progress in recent months and the whole making it harder to bork and easier to recover from borks has gotten substantially better

Yeah the all in one is a life/headache saver for sure. :)

Although I still think everyone who runs custom roms and kernels should install and have a basic understanding of the sdk/adb. :)

Upvote 0
lifesavers3.jpg

Upvote 0

It all started on my birthday. :D

Upvote 0
What exactly is the correct way to install a custom theme? I also got stuck on the Samsung screen after installing midnight theme onto my Samsung fascinate running DL30:)
Are you installing the straight leak? Because the Midnight theme requires the boot animation kernel in order to boot properly. Soon as I find a link to it I'll post it here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones