1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Force Close Problems after rooted my EVO using the Revolutionary way

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by flying, Sep 5, 2011.

1. flying

flying Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Because I lost my old EVO, bought a brand new EVO from Amazon with stock gingerbread on the phone.

Used the Revolutionary way rooted my phone, s-off showed up as expected. Everything went well before I loaded the ROM up into the phone. I have tried MikG 2.45, 2.41, 2.2, Synergy-RC2-supersonic, and Sprintlover ROMs. All of them have same kind of problem, app force close windows keep popping up. When I was using MikG 2.45, 2.41, 2.2, and Synergy-RC2-supersonic ROMs, these windows just popping up too many and too fast, which could freeze the screen and prevent any operation. But power button still works at that time, I can still power or reboot the phone.

The Sprintlover ROM has the same issue like the other ROMs I tried, but it is not as severer as they were. Only a few app (e.g. News and Weather, Gmail, Google Search) will pop up showing force close windows, and this problem can be fixed by uninstall and re-install these apps (don't ask me how I can uninstall the app that embedded in the ROM, I just can).

Except these bugs, and few glitches like Gmail can't sync automatically, dial keyboard messed up, my EVO just runs fine right now.

I just want to share these information and hope some one know how to fix all of these bugs.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    what recovery are you using? are you wiping dalvik cache, cache, and data when you flash a rom? i tried all of those roms and i have never had any issues. if you flash a rom and you get those issue just try and wipe dalvik cache and cache. most of the time it works for me.

flying likes this.
  3. lubberlick

lubberlick Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    American English Speaking Taxi Guy
    Indianapolis
    The first time I flashed a rom I didn't wipe data. When the rom loaded up I thought omg cool I get to keep all my settings and stuff. Then came the force closes.

4. flying

flying Lurker
    None

Aug 22, 2011
    Just re-flash the Rom, and did clean the caches before doing that.

Everything works perfect!!!

Finally I get it done.

Thank you so much!!!

5. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
Tags: