• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What should I do?

• Get a refund (not happening but worth voting for)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

4u2nvinmtl

Aug 21, 2010
I get force close errors on my phone (Vibrant from bell Canada) I sent it for repairs about 6 weeks ago... They flat out replaced the phone after 4~ weeks of waiting! Now after 2~ weeks of use its getting all kinds of force close errors AGAIN!!

I did not root it this time. No lag fix. Stock room freshly replaced from Sammy to me! Apps that are randomly force closing or force closing a boot are: Handcent, MMS, Carrier settings, Maps, Music Player, Messages, E-Mail (Samsung one), there's more I don't recall all of them off the top of my head.

The biggest problem of all is that I cant read the text messages I'm getting and I cant respond! Also Bell offers a loner phone but I use a different service provider... And the loner phone isn't unlocked so its totally useless thus I have to revert to a iphone 3g that my 4 year old son has been playing with for 3 months... Cracked screen broken buttons and way to many games for the old lil 3g iphone. (It runs slower than a 386)

all I ask is if someone knows a way to;
A. Get a refund... (like pulling teeth from hypo)
B. Get another model that is more stable (its a work phone and needs to work for me to use it)
C. Fix the problem. (tried factory reset, wiped phone, reinstalled apps, rebooted, Hung on S boot logo... Re-factory reset from recovery menu (home+power+vol) not from in the settings menu, reinstalled apps and worked for a few days... Now its force closing again!
D. Keep the phone and just use it as a 720p divx player and pray my All Share and Video player apps don't start force closing.

You don't sound concerned that your getting force close on stock rom, unrooted. Personally I didn't spend 600$ not be able to check my e-mail or text message. I wish I could say its a user error (my fault) but I would consider my self very experienced and all my trouble shooting and time spend on this vibrant is just infuriating.

I will send it off for repairs again. If I get another replace ment hand set I will be selling it in order to buy something better.

Anyone have a suggestion to a phone better than Sammy Vibrant in the Canadian market?
And plz not the iPhone4!
Thanks for any input!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones