1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Force Close

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by farage, Feb 26, 2011.

1. farage

farage Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Greetings, This is my first post ..
    I hope someone can help me with solving my problem ..

I've been using AK Notepad on my HTC Incredible Droid for few months. I recently used it for a very important business information while traveling in a file that I've been updating daily ..
    Six days ago, as I turned my phone on I received a Force Close message saying:
    "Sorry! The application AK Notepad (process com.akproduction.notepad) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. ... Force close"
    I kept force closing and trying again and again with no luck .. and every time I power off the phone and restart it I get the same message popping up ..
    I did not uninstall the application and reinstall it because I'm afraid of loosing my extremely important file .. Instead, I tried to install it again but I still get the same message ..

Any help please .. Much of my work depends on the file that I cannot access ..

Thank you .. Please be specific ..

Advertisement

2. tmarr

tmarr Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 25, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Go to settings and applications. Find it and clear cache. Hope for the best!

3. farage

farage Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Thank you tmarr .. the cache is already clear ..
    the Data has 36 KB which I believe is my file that I'm trying to access ..

4. euph_22

euph_22 Android Expert
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    Grad Student (Applied/Computational Math)
    Milwaukee, WI
    Yes. DO NOT CLEAR DATA.

5. farage

farage Lurker
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    Thank you .. I don't intend to clear the data ..
    I need to extract it before things go wild .. Many other applications including the Market are now requesting the "Force Close" .. I'm hoping somebody (maybe from the developers of AK Notepad) can help me retrieve my file which I can't find in the phone ..

6. ansorensen

ansorensen Lurker
    None

May 8, 2010
    I have the same thing... all of my apps that I've downloaded via the market "stop unexpectedly" and require force close.

I can still access the native applications (all of the ones that come preinstalled, for example gmail, calendar, navigation tools, camera, youTube, etc).

I've tried shutting down and restarting, but the same issues crop up. I've tried removing and inserting the SD drive again (because one program told me it needed an SD card with at least 50megs of memory... and mine has over a gigabyte free). Neither of these worked.

7. ansorensen

ansorensen Lurker
    None

May 8, 2010
    One thing I notice for these applications that force close is that, for some reason, they have red exclamation marks in the permissions section of their application info (settings > applications > manage applications > select problem app)... for example, my AK Notepad seems to be lacking permissions for storage and network communication. I haven't changed either of these. Is there a way to get these permissions turned on?

8. ansorensen

ansorensen Lurker
    None

May 8, 2010
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the app fixes the permissions problem... but of course, you lose all your data.

9. Pinnaclemicro

Pinnaclemicro Lurker
    None

Feb 5, 2013
    Upgrading the app fixed this problem for me. Searched Google Play for AK Notepad and selected it and it gave me choice to upgrade or install and I chose upgrade. It upgraded the version I had which was older version 2.4.2 in my case to the newest version and the problem is gone. Felt so happy I was compelled to share this suggestion.