1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Force close?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kenotic, May 5, 2011.

1. Kenotic

Kenotic Member
    None

May 4, 2009
    Has anyone else been having a ton of force close issues? I have had it on several apps including web browser, nook, pdf readerand just about every app.

Advertisement

2. gabeyong

gabeyong Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    Hi,

most apps are currently only compatible to 2.3 Gingerbread (not many are 3.0 Honeycomb compatible). So when I use an unstable app I just uninstall and move on to other apps.

p/s
    my Honeycomb browser (with flash player) has never fail.
    use Quickoffice to read pdf files, it has never failed as well.

3. JesseAaronSafi

None

Mar 15, 2011
    Yes! I picked up the Acer Iconia A500 tablet on Saturday. It came with Android Honeycomb 3.0 but immediately updated to 3.1. Since Saturday I've installed about 240 apps and I'm encountering TONS and TONS of "Force Close" situations. It's quite disappointing. I'm hoping these issues aren't specific to the A500 but rather due to general incompatibility of Android 2.x apps on the 3.x platform. My approach is to rip out apps that FC a lot and look for alternatives. Still it leaves me feeling like the tablet version of the OS is "half baked".

4. splatoid

splatoid Android Enthusiast
    None

May 12, 2011
    Repair Technician for Grocery stores Auto meat wra
    Washington State
    Its always this way with new releases. Software lags way behind. Just look at windows. Windows X64 for instance. Its allot better but still lacking.At the rate the Android apps are made it wont take long.

5. dandroid11

dandroid11 Member
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    Thats more of a reason for a tablet or honeycomb supported section in the market.
    Until a standard version of android is on tablets and phones apps are only going to get worse as it depends on the developer . I got an a500 because how well my galaxy s2 suits my needs but honeycomb seems to be behind stock 2.3.4 in lots of ways.