• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Force close

mlb

Jul 8, 2010
Central Fl
I've been having problems with my internet app force closing. When I use the search button or a bookmark I get: Sorry The application Internet (process com.android.browser) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. I've wiped dalvik and cache, I've wiped the apps cache, I've tried reloading the rom. I am at a loss, any suggestions would be appreciated.

MikG 2.61
More Freedom kernal
Amon Ra 2.3
HBoot 6.16.1002

OK did some research and downloaded rom manager, used it to fix my permissions. Crossing my fingers it seemed to work. Is that something I need to do on a regular basis or only when I have issues.

well your recovery can fix permissions. there is no need to use rom manager to do it. also do not use rom manager it is really buggy and has created more issues then it is worth.

also i would recommend that you switch to amon ra. it is a much better recovery then clockwork mod.

Reactions: mlb
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones