1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Force closes after EB01 Deodex + Camera Fix

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by PSkeptic, Feb 16, 2011.

1. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    Buffalo, NY USA
    So, I installed the Deodexed version of EB01 Stock. No problem, right? Well, sorta.

Upon playing some more, I noted my camera app will not open. I tried the Camera FW update, no dice.

So, I come across the only fix I can find: [MOD][DEV] *v2.1 update* Froyo Camera.apk Power Button->Shutter Key; Disable Low Batt - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

It's an alt camera app. Well, installed this, and I discover now, that my phone app force closes after making a phone call. Not biggie, except I live by my call log, and no calls are logged there. And, I'm frequently getting a force close on the screen capture process. Again, for me, no biggie, just irritating.

Now, I know I can just go back to the stock one, but I am seeing a couple of issues here:

• # Deodexed stock ROM - No camera, no workie
      # Alt Camera Mod - Makie the phone have FC's

Yes, before anyone asks: I've wiped data/cache/dalvik several times, which is why it took me so long to post this. I wanted to make sure I got all the troubleshooting steps down pat.

My next step it to use the Stock EB01, and then applying the Camera mod to see if the camera mod has compat issues with EB01.

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

I'd back track, PSkeptic. I'd remove the new camera app. Then I'd go into the stock camera app and clear all cache and data (in application manager) and defaults (if not greyed out).

Next I'd do the same thing in the phone app (cache, data and defaults).

Then I'd reboot and see if the problems were still there. Of course you'll have to reconfigure things.

3. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    Buffalo, NY USA
    That's been done :) I did it several times today, so I could isolate the issues I was having.

EB01 Deodexed Stock, the Camera is borked. I know this, because I Odin'ed back to DI01, brought phone online. Then, I Odin'ed over the new recovery (CWM Red), and then flashed the new EB01 Deodexed Stock. Wiped all data, cache partition, and Dalvik.

I figure the DI01 Odin + Wiping Data, Cache, and Dalvik should do just that.

They're still there, if you follow a very clean upgrade path (DI01 --> EB01 Deodex).

4. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    Buffalo, NY USA
    Ok, I think I figured this out. There are a couple of Deodexed stock EB01 ROM's out there... I grabbed a bad one. Apparently, Adralynne (sp?) has another one, that sounds a bit more refined... Checking it out now.

5. PSkeptic

PSkeptic Android Expert
    None

Jan 10, 2011
    IT Project Manager
    Buffalo, NY USA
    Yep, that was it: I was using a bad EB01 Deodex (The one listed in the "One stop shopping" thread here).

Instead, I used Adrynalyne's, and all fixed.