1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Force Landscape mode to flip 180 deg

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by jmathis, Dec 1, 2011.

1. jmathis

jmathis Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    I have added a mount to my jeep for my thunderbolt. the problem I am running into is that the headphone jack is too close to my dash for me to use it in standard landscape mode. I need to be able to flip the screen 180 deg. normal screen rotation works perfectly, but when I use the full screen button on internet videos, it can only be viewed one way, landscape with the home button on the right. Is there any way to allow/force the phone to be flipped so the home button is on the left and viewing is normal?

Advertisement

2. jmathis

jmathis Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
  3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?
    None

Nov 29, 2009
    Android App Developer
    NY
    It really depends on the app -- but I think this is partly due to hardware acceleration. I think unfortunately you will find many video players will force a certain landscape mode. But you could have a look in the Android Media forum section here and try some others out.

I hesitate to ask too, but are you watching videos while driving? :thinking:

4. jmathis

jmathis Lurker
    None

Dec 1, 2011
    def not. but there are times when its nice to have, my little girl loves it, i do off roading and there is down time, etc.

it seems like anything on the internet that has a fullscreen button. i have tried dolphin and the stock explorer, guess i should try some more. I am basically streaming from subsonic, but it does the same on youtube, or anything else i have tried to view in full screen

alostpacket likes this.