• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Force location update to activate second profile?

Hello everyone.

Small (I hope) question here. I am trying to make it so that when i remove my phone from my Vehicle Dock, a GPS location fix is forced on the phone. I want that fix to then start another profile (Home) if I am in the area. Once that is set, I want a notification sent to my watch saying "Alarm the car" if I am not at home. if I am at home, I don't want any notification sent.

Now, this is how I have it set up now:

Profile: Home
All kinds of things, but context is based on my home location.

Profile: Car Dock
Exit task:
Location Set (GPS or Any, neother worked how I wanted).
If Profile Active !~ *Home*: Notification Send.

Is there something I am missing here? Whenever I have the GPS location checked, the Home profile does not actually activate until the normal GPS check and profile check is activated (every 2 minutes I believe). Once Home activates on its own schedule, removing from the dock does not send the notification (as intended).

Thanks for any ideas!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones