1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Force mono Bluetooth streaming?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vincentp, Mar 29, 2012.

1. vincentp

vincentp Android Expert

I have this odd problem when I connect my Nexus via Bluetooth to my car stereo. The vehicle is a 2012 VW CC with the stock VW sound system.

When some songs stream that have explicit left/right stereo tracks, often times I won't hear even a peep from one of the tracks. All of the speakers in the car play one channel only and the other is missing. It's quite obvious when you know what a song is supposed to sound like and an entire guitar lead is missing, for instance.

I've seen some posts from other VW owners experiencing this issue with other phones, so I believe it to be a problem with the car stereo. What I need to know is, is there any way to force my Nexus to stream audio in Mono rather than Stereo to stop this from happening? I've had it happen with Pandora, Grooveshark and Spotify, so I know it's not an issue with any of the apps' streaming.

I looked through the regular phone settings but didn't really see this option anywhere in sound or Bluetooth options. Any ideas?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TheyCallMeBT

TheyCallMeBT Android Enthusiast

That stinks. I bought my bluetooth stereo unit for my car thinking it streamed music audio. But once I started using it, I found out that it only supported phone profiles. Kind of stunk, but it was the only 1 DIMM option in the local stores that did installs. The funny thing is that if I'm navigating and get a phone call, the turn by turn will come through the stereo with the phone call.

So yeah, basically, I got nuthin'. ;)

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews