• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Force to 3G?

zcarman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 19, 2010
Everett, WA
I am thinking of trying the SIMpleMobile $40 unlimited everything 3G plan out, but I am wondering what the 3G speeds are in my area. Will forcing the device to GSM only force me back to 3G only speeds or will I still get 4G coverage on the GSM side? As I think about this even further, will that slow me to 2G speeds instead?

Anyways, if you need more minutes at a cheaper price, the SIMpleMobile deal is pretty good!

I am thinking of trying the SIMpleMobile $40 unlimited everything 3G plan out, but I am wondering what the 3G speeds are in my area. Will forcing the device to GSM only force me back to 3G only speeds or will I still get 4G coverage on the GSM side? As I think about this even further, will that slow me to 2G speeds instead?

Anyways, if you need more minutes at a cheaper price, the SIMpleMobile deal is pretty good!

There is no 3G on tmobile prepaid... I never got 3G on simple either with my mytouch4g... It was 2g edge or 4g ONLY

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones