• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forced 2.0.1 DROID UPDATE! HOWTO

OH MY GOD. WHAT is wrong with my post?!

Jesus...just quit whining about it already. My post has everything you need to figure it out, and if they can't then they have no business trying.

Your post does NOT have all the consumer facts.

For some reason my THREAD ID is now your THREAD ID, and my FACTS/step/by/step is now now gone.

Look at it in the droid forum there's "howto" at the end of the thread, that is NOT your thread, it's mine.

Basically some mod messed up, probably merged and deleted my "first post" which I have been updating. Some mod needs to step in before people get too confused on their droids.

Upvote 0
Your post does NOT have all the consumer facts.

For some reason my THREAD ID is now your THREAD ID, and my FACTS/step/by/step is now now gone.

Look at it in the droid forum there's "howto" at the end of the thread, that is NOT your thread, it's mine.

Basically some mod messed up, probably merged and deleted my "first post" which I have been updating. Some mod needs to step in before people get too confused on their droids.

threads were merged...your original post is now post #9

Upvote 0
Update from your original instructions, syntrix (I had saved them, modified)

syntrix/modded said:
1. Power off your DROID
2. Power back on while holding the X key on the keypad.
3. When you see a "/!\" symbol, press both vol+ and camera simultaneously. A list of options will appear (it may take some time, or may require pressing Vol+/Camera in succession)
4. Use the Dpad to scroll to and select the SD UPDATE.ZIP option
5. Wait until the progress bar goes all the way/stops at the end
6. Use the Dpad to scroll to and select the reboot now option

Enjoy the new lockscreen and 2.0.1 goodness!

Upvote 0
can the mods clean up all this irrelevant BS about 'merging' threads? the last thing someone needs while having issue's upgrading is to hear people crying about threads being merged.. take that the conversation up on a side thread --- please keep this to relevant upgrade info-

(please delete this when cleaned up as well)

Upvote 0
I was having the signature fail error.

It is much easier to use Astro File manager as described rather than try and mess with the download in OSX.

Download from droid.
Open astro file manager
navigate to sdcard/downloads
long hold the file just downloaded>edit>rename name update.zip
long hold update.zip>edit>move
navigate to folder sdcard
press menu on the droid>edit>paste

now you have the file in the right location named correctly.
proceed with the normal instructions.

I had the same error as Isles on my first attempt,

asset failed: sholes.update_cdma_bp("/tmp/rdl.bin", "/tmp.img")
E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip

then I did the Astro file manager thing and it worked fine...

HOWEVER, when I rebooted the phone, I did have the new lock screen... but I figured that error was worth doing it and not having any errors.

Upvote 0
I was having the signature fail error.

It is much easier to use Astro File manager as described rather than try and mess with the download in OSX.

Download from droid.
Open astro file manager
navigate to sdcard/downloads
long hold the file just downloaded>edit>rename name update.zip
long hold update.zip>edit>move
navigate to folder sdcard
press menu on the droid>edit>paste

now you have the file in the right location named correctly.
proceed with the normal instructions.

Not to get off topic, but I highlighted the error for you :D

Upvote 0
Update from your original instructions, syntrix (I had saved them, modified)

Thank you, they were actually updated more than that! I actually called Rob and he's going to check it out.

It just sucks that the complete info is not on the same first post/ topic that I created to help everyone out.

I did some new stuff: http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/25188-new-2-0-1-update-first-post-again-sorry-rob.html

They were merged and your info is still in this thread just no longer the top post its now post # 9

Upvote 0
Great tip, I was getting impatient about the upgrade. Less laggy, and faster. Hope it fixes the 3G/1X jumping ...

No, some mod merged and my post was buried, this should be the most up to date:

http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/25188-new-2-0-1-update-first-post-again-sorry-rob.html

Just post there if you have downloaded and successfully installed, or have issues. For some reason my thread(this one) is not my thread, interesting.

I talked to Rob real quick about it, hopefully it works itself out beforehand.

Upvote 0
I get all these security warnings when trying to download the file. Things like "cannot verify the identify of the site" and "certificate does not match".

You can't rezip or recompress the file. Just rename the file "update" and copy it to your SD card. If it still fails, then try the download again.

Apparently, the file is checksummed and checked for corruption prior to installation.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones