1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Forced 2.0.1 DROID UPDATE! HOWTO

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iamkewl, Dec 8, 2009.

1. b3nder

b3nder Newbie

the site is a https site and the certificates are not signed by a trusted source (such as verisign) click ok and proceed with the download

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. neumannator

neumannator Well-Known Member

wow seemed to be working great till i took a picture... i take a pic, then it goes to a black screen and never comes back. everything still works but the screen is black?! wtf

how do i go back to the old one and just wait it out? where could i find that file?

3. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

Wow - me too. Plus my wife looked prettier, and my son seemed smarter. ;)

Sorry - I'm being a smartaxx. :) No - didn't notice any change in the screen.

The only part that scared me was the first reboot after the update...took a really long time. Reboots since then (tried a couple to be sure) seem as fast as before the update.

4. flakeparadigm

flakeparadigm Newbie

Will updates in the future have to be done the same way after doing this update? (ex. Upgrade to Android 2.1 in Jan)

5. mswhite60

mswhite60 Well-Known Member

Your new thread is gone. Would be nice to have the instructions you had there...

6. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

Thanks for everything guys (all involved)...I updated my brother's phone as well as my own...

7. iamkewl

iamkewl Member

They are in post #9 in this thread if you really want em. Nothing different than what i have though.

8. Redflea

Redflea Android Expert

I haven't seen anyone post about problems w/the camera. Try power-cycling the phone.

You can't go back, as far as I understand...once you've updated that's it (unless you rooted the phone back to 2.0, but I wouldn't suggest that...)

9. jujigote

jujigote Newbie

Thanks!!Worked great and super easy.

10. itype2slo

itype2slo Well-Known Member

Thanks! Tried with the Mac first and it didn't work, so I switched the the PC. That is the only time I plan on saying that.

11. flakeparadigm

flakeparadigm Newbie

Anyone have any idea?

12. fabioq

fabioq Lurker

To show the new Unlock/Lock screen remove the old unlock pattern:

SETTINGS > location and security > Uncheck "require pattern". You should now see the new unlock. :D

fabioq

13. designer43

designer43 Newbie

My downloaded filesize:
    10.1 MB (10,648,643 bytes)(not size on disk)

14. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

I edited the (new) original post to include a link to the (old) original post. We do not need separate threads for this unless they are different methods or doing something different.

15. iamkewl

iamkewl Member

Thanks!

16. neumannator

also when i put it on auto brightness it goes to complete black? PLEASE! help!

17. cb2000a

cb2000a Newbie

Same...I am in no hurry and want to make sure not to cause problems.

18. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN

Same.

19. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Member

Just updated from 2.0, works just fine, new lock screen is nice displays the time. Unlock screen looks a little different, not bad though.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

AFTER

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The wife gets a cameo. :D

20. summerfish

summerfish Well-Known Member

Loving this. Thank you. Seriously took me like a total of 4 minutes from download to complete reboot. Just don't be scared of it, that's all. When you're unsure of something, that's when you break it.

21. neumannator

[​IMG]
    The wife gets a cameo. :D[/quote]

wtf is that?

kinda hot

22. kmfdmk

kmfdmk Member

Because I wanted to show the new lock/unlock screen, and I'm not going to swap out my BG for a default one just to take a screen cap... Thanks I'll relay the compliments.

23. someguy9

someguy9 Member

24. blank

blank Member

when you save it, its gonna ask u where you want to save it, and the file name. change it to update and go from there. no need to go back and rename it. All you'll have to do after that is move it to the root directory on the SD card. i use astro file manager.

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews