• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forced 2.2 problem

smfoley1

Android Enthusiast
May 4, 2010
So I forced 2.2 onto my Droid the day it appeared on this forum. I was loving it, had no problems waht so ever. Until now that is. I now seem to have the lag in Icons appearing on the home screen (good 5 sec lag) and now I also have the lag/nonresponse problem when trying to type/slide a text message. I know its been posted here by others. Anyone found a fix yet or am I off to try to get my 3rd droid after having 3 eris'

Whoa. I've had 1 Droid since December and never had a problem. I can't imaging buying 5+ Android phones due to problems...

I also updated to FRG01B as per the post by Trident. That was almost two weeks ago and I have not had a problem like this. I know it seems way too easy, but have you checked running services to make sure there's not too much running? Last night I noticed a bit of a slow down and found that Loopt was running, as well as a few other services I didn't really want/need running at the time. Clearing them out got me moving along much more smoothly.

And of course, a reboot never hurts if that doesn't work.

Upvote 0
ya, I actually had no problems at all for the first couple weeks. These problems just started occuring in the past few days.
I do check my running services, matter of fact I have a shortcut to it on my home screen and use it like a task killer. I have also done the reboot thing a couple times as well.

I havent had to buy a single phone except for the original Eris I bought back in December. that is the only money I have shelled out.
Im wondering if the second round of 2.2 OTA fixed the problems of the 2.2 I forced. and if so will I get the update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones