• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forcing Android System Update over LTE

ddaddo

Aug 28, 2016
Hi,

I'm with MetroPcs and, in order to install Android System Update, MetroPcs wants me to connect the phone to Wi-fi and leave it connected overnight. The update would then supposedly start automatically between 2300 and 0400. Is there a way to bypass the Wi-fi part and just force the phone to download the update directly over LTE?

Thanks

Lg G Stylo, MS63120c

Curious... why would you want to have the phone download the update via LTE?

I use a wired router. The data allotment and speed are not really a concern for me.

As for letting it go through LTE, that's simple enough. Turn off WiFi for the time specified... basically turn it off overnight, then you should get the system update through LTE. I don't think what MetroPCS is telling you is an absolute requirement, but again, you will lose some high speed data if you download through LTE.

I already have Wifi off on the phone but I'm getting the message anyway. It sure does look like a requirement on the part of MetroPcs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones