1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Forcing Roaming mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jami, Jun 7, 2010.

1. jami

jami Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I really need a way to set my EVO to force Roam. I travel for work and find that the place I most stop has 1 or less bars on service. My new EVO has missed five calls today because I could not get proper signal strength. Up until I got the Android phone I overcame this problem by forcing my my old phone to "roam always" Then i switched back to auto when I got home.
    I see that the SW on android phones only have "Sprint only or Automatic"
    Automatic is not working for me. I only get a roam signal if I have no bars at all but will switch back to sprint if it sees only 1 bar.
    Frustrating to no end as when it switches to a roam tower I get 5 bars but I lose that advantage if the phone can get bars on the home side.
    5 missed calls and 4 dropped calls in just one day. I have not had that many in five years of sprint service up to now.

Advertisement

2. mikebeers

mikebeers New Member

Aug 5, 2010
    electrical engineer
    Geneva, Oh
    I ave the same problem, all Sprint did when I called in a number of times was to show me how to update my prls

3. beeperdoo

beeperdoo Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    im having the same problem. does that hack actually work?? i tried to get my MSL but sprint wouldn't give it to me.

4. beeperdoo

beeperdoo Active Member

Aug 26, 2010
    ok got my msl but now ##775# doesnt work. ugh.

5. Meltz014

Meltz014 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    If it's on XDA, there's a good chance it works ;)

Tags: