• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forcing Video Playback?

thisismetcalf

Nov 29, 2010
I couldn't get an answer from anyone on this in various other forums, so perhaps someone here can at least point me in the right direction of a real answer.

I'm just trying to get my phone to play video playback during low battery operation.

Currently, my phone will not do this. It pretends to load the video and then brings up some kind of error that in a nutshell says I have too low of battery for any video playback to be functional.

Yeah, I don't care. I don't care that you have a low battery or EXTREMELY low battery, if I click on a video I want you to play, PLAY IT!

grrrr.

How do I bypass this and make the phone play it? I mean, aren't there Hollywood reasons that this should make this a function for the phone-owner to select?

What if you were stranded and needed to watch a "How To Escape Alive" YouTube video but your phone said "NO, I HAVE A LOW BATTERY I WILL NOT PLAY IT".....far fetched yes but what if!

Any help?

Plug it in.

Well, if I were stranded, I would want to save the last bit of battery to make an emergency phone call, rather than watch a video.

Both of these answers are what I was hoping I WOULDN'T get.

Wow. I seriously cannot believe that:

A. No one knows how to fix this
B. No one else cares that this is the way the phone works w/o an option to change it

Surreal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones