1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Foreign travel / airplane mode

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rdahl578, May 30, 2011.

1. rdahl578

rdahl578 Lurker
    None

May 30, 2011
    Hello,

I apologize if this question has been asked, I searched for a while but cannot find the answer to my question. I will be traveling in Europe this summer and have a T-Mobile G2. I know that you can use Airplane mode to shut off data while still using Wifi. My question though is, I would like to have all carrier data usage and synching shut off, be able to use Wifi, BUT also be able to receive calls at certain designated times of day. Any advice on how to accomplish this?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    You can turn 3G data off without having to use aircraft mode, it's in the phone's wireless settings. So you'll still be able to make and receive calls, without using 3G data. The phone will still be able to synch with WiFi.

3. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    I'd recommend using airplane mode for when you don't want to receive calls. If you receive unwanted calls while overseas that roll to voicemail you'll be billed at international rates for the unwanted calls in both directions, IIRC. You can call TMO international support to verify. If your phone is actually unreachable you won't be billed.

You can turn airplane mode off for the times that you do want to place/receive calls.

4. Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 1, 2010
    work for the man.
    TEXAS
    Under setting > accounts and sync. Turn all that off it won't sync or transfer data.

Tags: