1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Forget AT&T's update! Get Gingerbread NOW!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mohammad_Adib, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Mohammad_Adib

Mohammad_Adib Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Student
    Bellevue, WA
    Here are the steps to getting gingerbread right now on the infuse. No sweat :p. There are probably hundreds or thousands of infuse owners running Gingerbread. You can too, with a little knowhow. If you want gingerbread badly, proceed.
    lets begin with a TEASER: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0k1TwQ5rqI
    make sure this is what you want. If u are here to get gingerbread by voiding the waranty on your phone and basically hacking it inside-out, this is your place.

*Assume no responsibility on my part if you get bricked (as in your phone becomes a brick because you killed it). However if you follow these instructions perfectly...there is little chance you will be bricked...
    This whole procedure should take no more than an hour or two if done right!

PRELIMINARIES (low risk of bricking. At least get this part!)
    1. Root your phone via superoneclick:
    How to Root the Samsung Infuse 4g HD - YouTube

GETTING RECOVERY (low risk of bricking. Essential for the next part, skip this and you're screwed...)
    1. Get ROM Manager from the market...free or paid doesnt matter...open it and select allow when prompted for root access...
    2. Select Flash ClockWorkMod recovery...when prompted select Galaxy S i9000 as the Phone Model. Then let the phone do its thing and install recovery.
    3. Once you reboot, open ROM Manager again, and select Reboot into recovery...when you are in recovery (Navigate menus with power button to select and volume buttons to go up-down, no touchscreen here).
    a. You are probably in a screen which has a bunch of options and stuff...if you see "Reinstall packages", hit that option and select Yes. Then you will be back to the same recovery screen. Go ahead and hit "Reinstall packages" again...after that finishes you will be in CLockWorkMod recovery screen. Congratulations, hit reboot system now and let the phone boot.

GET INFUSED ROM (Gingerbread ROM. Risk of bricking on step 2.5....but how can u mess up such a sinmple step? :p)

you can use my instructions below or use the official instuctions in this thread: [ROM] Infused v2.1.0 - (08/27) - xda-developers

1. Download ROM from below and put it inside your internal sd card anywhere (remember the directory). Download here: http://www43.multiupload.com:81/fil...734C23E73D2FC4/update-infused-v2.1.0-full.zip

2. Download the kernel and put in your internal sd card anywhere (remember the directory). Download here: http://www36.multiupload.com:81/fil...FF4DD19651/CWM-community-voodoo-kernel-v8.zip

2.5. *EXTREMELY IMPORTANT> DO NOT SKIP THIS ELSE YOU WILL SUFFER FROM BOOTLOOPS: Get root explorer from the market and grant it root access when prompted. Using root explorer, go to /system/bin/ and mount it as R/W and delete the file named "recovery" in that folder. GREAT JOB!

3. Get SGS kernel flasher from the market. Open the app and select allow when prompted for root access. Then go to choose kernel and go to the directory in which you saved your kernel...and then select the kernel. Then in the app select flash kernel. Then let the phone reboot and flash the kernel.
    4. After the phone reboots, open up ROM Manager and select install ROM from sd card. Browse to where you put the ROM (not kernel, ROM). Then select the ROM and a "ROM Pre-Installation" popup will appear in which you should select Wipe Data and Cache and Wipe Dalvik Cache. Press OK and let the phone install the ROM and boot up.

Once it's booted, you've got Gingerbread. DONE :p
    *If i missed anything here please feel free to point it out!

Advertisement

2. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    LOL yeah you missed this thread already under infuse 4g - all things root. Oh well tardy to the party is better than never showing up.

Edit: I reread my post and realized I sound like a douche, I'm not trying to be a d*ck. You should try simply honey 5.o rom. It's a pretty awesome gingerbread based rom.

3. jcollake

jcollake Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 12, 2010
    Software Engineer
    USA
    As eager as everyone is to get Gingerbread, people should remember that there are risks and disadvantages to using third party firmwares -- just as there are advantages. Be sure you understand the risks, disadvantages, and advantages before you take on this action. Also, be sure you fully understand the procedure, and make a backup of your existing ROM in case you want to go back to stock.

Just another disclaimer ;).

4. Ryanscool

Ryanscool Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 16, 2011
    School
    Colorado
    Infused 2.1 rocks! (Then again I have not tried the others due to my schedule). It is fairly easy to flash, plus hdmi and full 4g are coming. 30fps recording is now available, which means we are on the right track to making Gingerbread totally better.

5. jpovis

jpovis Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 11, 2010
    Engineer
    St. Louis County, MO
    Infused 2.2.3 is out there with the UKI3 modem, UKI4 modem is available too.

Root it, ROM it, enjoy it!

6. Mohammad_Adib

Mohammad_Adib Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Student
    Bellevue, WA
    LOL, well i just got infused 2.2.3 but im not noticing any difference...am i supposed to be getting better 4g? becuase 4g is same infact just a bit worse...but that normal for at&t it fluctuates.
    BTW, what is unbranded market??

7. BadFishCM

BadFishCM Well-Known Member
    None

May 31, 2011
    Are you talking about the one included with the infused rom? I believe it just means fixed. It was having 'insufficient memory' issues every time an app was downloaded but gtg fixed it.