1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Forgot Admin Pass for my other computer...

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Evo 5oh, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Evo 5oh

Evo 5oh Android Enthusiast

My bro forgot his pass on his computer ... Theres only one account there and is his....No guest or another admin account...I cant even get on it on safe mode...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

plenty of tools / way to do this that are free. Shouldn't mention specifics necessarily although the tools are legal. A good Google search would be best.

3. Evo 5oh

name a tool please :p

4. burningteufel

burningteufel Newbie

Trinity Rescue Kit (on a live cd/usb form) should easily do the job for free.
    There are plenty of tutorials out on the net on how to use it. ;)

5. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants

If it's not the actually "Administrator" account you can recover the account using Safe Mode with a Dos Prompt ;)

6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Various tools and utilities would likely do the job (we'll leave the searching and specifics to the reader). But as with all tools, it could be used for bad. Don't do that. It would be a) dumb, and b) illegal. Recovering your own passwords is fine though, so only do that. :)

lunatic59 and scary alien like this.
  7. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Thanks for the heads-up, 9to5cynic.

Yeah, its best to not mention certain tools and utilities--those are best left to the reader as mentioned.

Thanks for being properly circumspect, all--appreciate it!

lunatic59 and 9to5cynic like this.
  8. Evo 5oh

kinda offtopic but why cant we name tools? just for future references?

9. karandpr

karandpr Android Expert

Legal and Ethical reasons

For starters ,you claim your brother has lost your password and you want the tools to help him enter the system .
    Legally speaking ,it's illegal to enter any system you dont own or dont have proper authority. (depends on laws ...)
    (Even if you want to enter your own system it's still borderline legal ....)
    The tools to access system are borderline legal/illegal depending on the situation and the amount of authority .

Since situation and authority are key factors here ,it's not advisable to reference such tools in an open forum owned privately

Long way of saying ,Legal hassles involved :D

Asking to break into system is like asking "how to break a safe " even it is your own safe ....

9to5cynic, lunatic59 and scary alien like this.
  10. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Because Lawyers have ruined what we used to know as free speech they are working their way down the list. :deal:

Those type of programs are perfectly legal for us to use on our own systems however that is where the legality stops. If I forget my password at work I cannot use that type of program at work to recover my password that is illegal and unethical. Doesn't matter if I am the only one who uses that computer or not.

11. Or you can just totally wipe/reformat the pc and tell him thats his punishment.

Evo 5oh and SUroot like this.
  12. Evo 5oh

I like :) good thinking

13. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

thats the best idea and then set it up where no password is required he's the only one who uses it so no need to have an password account

14. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

How do you forget a COMPUTER password? Lol In this day and age, I would think everyone is on their computers just about every day.

15. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I don't know about you, but I find it rather easy to get confused about what password I'm using where, as many as we need these days. ;)

16. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Several Ways to solve this

1. Make Same Password for Everything - Downside If your Password is compromised then the hacker has access to everything you have access to not the best idea in the world and is where a lot of older citizens get burned

2. Write them down next to computer - Again Downside is People with physical access have access to all your information and accounts. This includes the Guys breaking into your house.

3. You could store them in a password program - If you forget the login password to you account and have no way to get on the computer then you will be in the OP's shoes Unless you use one that also stores in the cloud then you could access through your phone but then you have to potential of having the equivalent of putting them on a post card and sending them around the world :)

4. You could also create your own secret code and encrypt them in that and leave them in the open where anyone looking at it would have no earthly clue as to wtf they were looking at.

OH BY THE WAY
    Welcome To The Future :D

17. jonbonazza

jonbonazza Android Expert

I can understand getting confused, but forgetting all together? That seems a tad farfetched. lol

18. Seanette

Seanette Android Expert

I can understand that if someone has a medical issue that affects memory (or is taking a lot of alcohol or recreational drugs on board ;)).

19. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

Trust me you no longer have to take the drugs to have no memory (wow no face palm emoticon) Me what I do is I take the Name of Every President and I don't make that my password :p

20. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

[​IMG]

Not sure how accurate it is, but it seems relevant to this threads current path ;)
    and I just love getting to visit xkcd... :rofl:

Flumme likes this.
  21. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

1) Google offline windows password editor

2) For all my passwords, I use a password safe with the data file in the cloud. If I remember the password for that password safe, I have access to all my passwords. So I can make that password pretty complex, but it's the only one I have to remember, and I have access to all my 20 character, military-strength, passwords. Laptops, desktops, my phones, my passwords are easy to get to, and they're still password protected by that one strong password, which I change from time to time.