1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support forgot gmail.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Nova Hamade, May 2, 2016.

1. Nova Hamade

Nova Hamade Lurker
    None

May 2, 2016
    Male
    so my cousin has bought a used samsung galaxy j5 with android 5.0.1 and has forgotten his pattern and gave it to me to fix and as i did a factory reset it asked me after for the "original gmail account used on the phone" and i can't bypass it cause the next button is turned off, and we called the guy who sold him the phone he said he forgot the gmail what to do in this situation and how to fix it ?

Advertisement

2. Parayilhussain

Parayilhussain Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 26, 2015
    Male
    Business
    Cochin
  3. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    the way I understand all of that, is you are screwed.

You don't know the original gmail or password.

Just do a Hard Reset:

I once forgot mine also, and I did a Hard Reset which erased everything on the phone period.
    When it came back up, it asked for the gmail account and password. I had to create a brand new gmail account just for that phone. Pissed me off because now I have lost control of my original gmail account.​

But, at least I recovered the use of that phone.... this has been many phones back, I am much more careful these days and have Backup Email accounts, and backup phone numbers to refer to so that a TEXT message confirm number can be received. When I was an Android newbie, I did not know shit from shinola and made a lot of bad mistakes. That being one of them.