1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Forgot my pattern, locked out of phone, need to bypass lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DoctorFraggington, Aug 11, 2017.

1. DoctorFraggington

Aug 11, 2017
    Factory reset is not an option, unless you know for certain a method of recovering files from the phone immediately afterward.

I tried using android device manager and locked the phone with a backup password, but the prompt to enter it never showed up. Is it because I entered a password that was letters instead of numbers and longer than 4 characters? The site shouldn't have called it a backup *password* then, or accepted an invalid one. It won't let me set another one, of course.

I've exhausted all but one attempt at guessing my pattern. Wish I had known fingerprint was disabled immediately after restart.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    I'm afraid unless you enter the correct pin your locked out

3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Quite frankly I don't think there is any way of bypassing a lock screen. Because if there was, it would defeat the purpose of having a lock screen.

Snakeyeskm likes this.
  4. DoctorFraggington

Aug 11, 2017
    Yes, the ones that apply. Some of them require prior setup which I don't have. I already mentioned that I used Android Device Manager/Find My Device and that it didn't send the back-up password to my phone, but I was able to send a lock message and ring the device, so I know ADM is working. My android version must be too recent to use the "forgot pattern" feature, which seems to me like an exceptionally useful feature, or to crash the lock UI screen.