• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help forgot pattern code with no gmail account = screwed

slide45

Lurker
Sep 5, 2010
Just brought a I9000 yesterday and have already forgotten my pattern code and never set up a gmail account, tried all the hard reset keys but doesn't work. Has anyone figured it out how to hard reset it properly or update the firmware without kies? As kies doesn't detect my phone.

Thanks

I was given a hard time for asking a similar question for another device, so I have to assume that this is legit, and the device was not obtained by dubious means??

Switch the phone off, and wait for it to give the little vibrate it does to completely power off.

Hold volume up and press the home key whilst pressing these hold the power button down. Your phone will boot into the Bootloader menu. Select recovery and then select Master Data Wipe / Factory reset (something like that).

You will loose everything on the phone, but it will reset.

Reactions: Kayflex
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones