• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Forgot PIN - any way to get photos?

Scout919

Lurker
Oct 27, 2014
I have an old Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD phone that I'm no longer using. I have no use for the phone EXCEPT that there are photos on the phone that I want. However, I can't remember the PIN for the lock screen page. Later phones I had the auto back-up to Google+ turned on, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this phone.

Additional information that might be helpful:
1. There's no "forgot password" option that comes up after I enter the incorrect password too many times.
2. I think the phone is still linked to my gmail account, but I'm not 100% sure.
3. I'm willing to send the phone to a third party and pay to recover the photos, so if that's an option, I'd appreciate recs for that, too.

Please, please, please, please help. I had the phone when my daughter was an infant, and if I can't recover these photos, I lose about age 6 months to one year. :(

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones