1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Forgot Unlock Pattern

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by callksingh, Jun 11, 2016.

1. callksingh

callksingh Lurker
    None

Jun 11, 2016
    Male
    Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy s7 edge phone and i forgot my unlock pattern. I would like to go inside my phone without erasing the data. I know my google name and password.

Please help.

Advertisement

2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    AFAIK, Samsung has auto factory reset disabled by default. Did you enable it? If not, then entering the wrong password around 15 times will ask you for your Google account and password. If you can't remember if you enabled it, you have to be careful if you try. I am not sure if the phone will warn you at the 14th time if it will reset or ask the password after the 15th.

You can also try resetting your password via a PC. There are two ways to go about this. First one is using Android Device Manager, and the second is using Samsung Find My Mobile. You can go to Android Device Manager on a PC browser and reset your password through that. This is automatically activated once you enter a Google account on the phone. Caveat here is that there are some reports that it doesn't work at times. But I believe that it's because the phone needs to be connected to internet for this to work. If you can place the phone in the vicinity of an open wifi hotspot i connects to automatically then you're good to go.

Find My Mobile is similar to ADM, only difference is its made by Samsung. It's also installed by default on your phone, but you should have manually enabled it beforehand.

jj14x likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.