1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Forgotten lock screen password

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Laban, Jul 23, 2021.

1. Laban

Laban Lurker

Hello. I have a Nokia 7.1 with a locked screen and I've forgotten the password. Please is there any way at all to unlock my phone without losing my data? I don't wanna lose my media and data. Thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

nope....sorry. this is why it is important to remember these things or have it written down or use a password manager. also it just shows how important to regularly backup your data. you have to be careful there are programs out on the net that claim to be able to bypass the lock screen, but from what i have seen these things are shams. so don't waste your money, because they are not free.

so the only thing really is to do a hard reset. this will trip FRP so make sure you know your google acct password before proceeding. also a hard reset will delete your data....sorry.

3. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Madd61, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

i forgot to ask....is your media on a sd card? or just internally on the phone? is your sd card encrypted? if so doing a factory reset will destroy the encryption key and you will lose everything on the card as well. regardless i would take the sd card out before doing the hard reset.

#4 ocnbrze, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
    kate, Madd61, Dannydet and 1 other person like this.

Nokia 7.1 Forum

The Nokia 7.1 release date was October 2018. Features and Specs include a 5.84" inch screen, 12MP camera, 3/4GB RAM, Snapdragon 636 processor, and 3060mAh battery.

October 2018
Release Date
Reviews