• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help forgotten password for htc wildfire

If you've entered a pattern lock (or password, for that matter) too many times, the phone should prompt you to unlock it with the credentials for the Google account to which it's registered. If you have forgotten your google password, go to Account Password Recovery and change your password. Then reboot your phone.

One caveat is that you must have a data connection enabled on the phone for this to work ... either 3G or Wifi ... so that Google's servers can authenticate the account. If you have entered the pattern but do not know the credentials or have Wifi and 3G both off, there's little to do other than a full reset.

Upvote 0
This has happened to me and it doesn't come up with anything about using my google account to change the details. I have checked my google account and theres nothing there. How do i do a full reset on this and if i do that will i be able to use my phone again?

Weedie, I sent you a PM with instructions, but I'll post them here as well for the benefit of others.

Please note that all data will be deleted from the your phone as a result of this procedure. This does NOT delete data on the microSD card, but please back up all of your personal data before proceeding.

1. Turn the power off. Pull the battery out and reinsert it.
  2. Hold the Volume Down button
  3. Press and release the Power button
  4. You should now be presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
  5. Highlight Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
  6. Press and release the Power button to select
  7. Confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
If you select YES, all data including applications will be deleted from your phone. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones