1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Formatting Internal Memory?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by cheluz245, Aug 8, 2012.

1. cheluz245

cheluz245 Well-Known Member

What will it delete? Will I lose critical files needed to keep my rooted features, kernel, rom?
    I ask becuase I use Rhapsody to download music albums. It takes up lots-o-memory.
    I moved Rhapsody folder to my External SD n now the albums won't play.
    Any advise is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Rooted. Running #2 2.2 Of course ;). CWM.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. dden4012

dden4012 Well-Known Member

Back it up to a pc and go for it. Can always paste it back.

3. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

If you format it your phone will be okay. But whatever things you or apps saved to it will be gone forever... I actually format internal every time I flash a rom because I like it all clean and fresh and I always try apps out that save things to it but I end up deleting it because I didn't like it or whatever and what ever it saved is now useless and a waste of space

cheluz245 likes this.
  4. cheluz245

cheluz245 Well-Known Member

Thanks Shiny!

5. icedtea

icedtea Android Enthusiast

hi, i believe my phone/internal memory is busted. upon boot it will notify me of "USB storage has an unknown fs format.. do you want to format? YES/CANCEL "

i leave it as is. fearing of by formatting it, the installed OS will be wiped out. i have my external / micro sd card BACKUP. .so no worries. my only question is, if i will format the internal memory.. will it go back to the default settings like when i bought my phone?

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews