1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Formatting phone storage after root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Czwakiel, Oct 9, 2010.

1. Czwakiel

Czwakiel Active Member

May 7, 2010
    I rooted my Incredible a few days ago for the first time and installed Cyanogen mod. Everything is going well, but I do have one question.

When I connect my phone to my pc, my sd card comes up but phone storage doesn't. When I click on the phone storage, it asks me to format the drive to be able to use it. If I do format, what will happen? How can I fix this?

Advertisement

2. ynnufderf

ynnufderf Member

May 21, 2010
    I would try turning of debugging first and see if it come up then, if that doesn't work I would pull the micro sd and use a card reader and see what you get then. If you format your sd you'll lose all of your data on the card.

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

May 2, 2010
    Making the Establishment nervous
    Iowa|USA
    If you format your internal phone storage, you'll have a long and winding road to recovery.

4. Czwakiel

Czwakiel Active Member

May 7, 2010
    Turning off USB debugging didn't work. I'm going to restore my first nandroid back up and see if I can get access to phone storage through that.

5. Czwakiel

Czwakiel Active Member

May 7, 2010
    Yeah, Cyanogen 6 was causing the problem. I the backup I made right after root and I can access both my SD card and internal phone storage without a problem.