1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Formatting SD Card?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yeh Im Legit, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Member

So I have been rooted for a while and am about to start from scratch and format my SD card... After formatting what steps do I need to take?

I have a backup of my SD as is on my computer but not looking to format just to put all of it back on the phone...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

easiest way is to copy the cards content to the computer then on your phone go to settings>sd card>unmount the card>delete sd card. this will format the card for you on the phone. after that then connect the phone back to the computer and transfer the card's content back to the card.

just curious why do you need to re-format the card?

hove131 likes this.
  3. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog

formatting the card every now and then helps rid of stuff you no longer need or use. It helps you to remove abandoned folders from apps no longer installed. Reclaiming space from those and just doing some deep spring cleaning.

mikem0269 likes this.
  4. Yeh Im Legit

Yeh Im Legit Member

As I said Im not interested in putting all of the stuff thats on the card now back on it after formatting (Why even format if I was doing that) I want to clear the card completely and get it back to the basics... but with all the system folders on there I am afraid to clear it completely so without replacing it all how can I clean all that out and delete everything that isn't necessary for the phone to function properly

5. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

None of the important system files are on the card. Most likely all you have on there are apps and maybe the caches. You can just reformat it and put it back in and go.

If you have issues wipe dalvik cache & cache and flash the ROM over itself and hat will restore your stock apps. Market apps can be redownloaded

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

yeah there are no important files on your card. you can even run the phone without the card in its slot!!! so you should be ok if you back up your stuff on your computer and the reformat your card with no issues.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews