1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Former Blackberry user needs help

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by newbie1000, Jun 18, 2011.

1. newbie1000

newbie1000 Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2011
    I use google apps and gmail to host my email and outlook on my desktop. When I check my email from outlook it deletes all the emails that are downloaded from the gmail server...which is what I want. However I want all my emails to also go to my Android phone and stay there even if those emails have been downloaded to my outlook (and thus deleted from the gmail server). It was easy to do this on a blackberry but I can't for the life of me figure it out on gmail. Thanks in advance for your help. I generally like the android but use it for work so without this capability will probably just need to return it. Thanks!!

Advertisement

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic
    None

Jul 29, 2010
    FG
    Try Touchdown, there is a free trial available it is the only exchange client I have been able to get to work personally.

3. mistermau

mistermau Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    I'm going to take a crack at this one.

Everything is acting as designed, that's just not what you want. The GMail app on your phone is supposed to show you what's on the server.

I'm not sure, but this MIGHT work: I'm assuming you use your regular Gmail account as the base account for your phone, and you want the Apps account to always have the messages on your phone. Try adding the Apps account to your phone as just another e-mail account, instead of a Google Account. If you manually set it as a POP account, it may work.

Hope I'm making sense. It's late.