1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Former iphone users...quick question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BigCiX, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    i came from a 3G and still have the 3G simcard in my captivate. Every once in awhile (at starting to happen more often), whenever i power down my phone to change the battery or just reset it, it'll come back on with the no network sign on the notification bar. Sometimes i literally have to reset my phone about 10 times for it to recognize the network. Anyway, my question is.....are any of u previous iphone users still using the same simcard. If so are u having problems after boot up?

Advertisement

2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    I am using the same sim card I had in my 3g and my razr before that. So far I have not had any issues with booting and getting on the network. Maybe call or go to AT&T and let them know. They can probably zap you up a new SIM if they think that might be the problem.

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    i bought the phone at walmart. isn't there like a $35 charge for a new simcard?

4. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Well, you would probably have to go to AT&T to get the SIM, obviously, but I dont know if they would charge for a sim. If yours has "gone bad" it would be pretty lame for them to charge you for a new one.

If I remember right we had to do it a few years ago for our kid and they just cooked us up a new one, I dont think they charged for it.

5. Frenzy2223

Frenzy2223 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2010
    Maryland
    Not if your sim is jacked up! I lost my phone a few years back and the charged me for a new sim, but the sim card on my sons phone decided to take a dump
    one day and they gave him a new one at the store for zero charge.

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    I'll try the simcard issue. hopefully its that and not the phone cause im way past my 30 days

7. CodyO32689

CodyO32689 Member

Oct 15, 2010
    CAD draftsman
    Johnson City, TN
    I came from a 3gs and haven't had any problems at all. When I first got the 3gs they gave me a new sim card, and if I remember correctly it was a new "3g" enabled sim card so that may be your problem.

8. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    SLC, Utah
    I took my cap into AT&T after I bought it and asked em if I needed to do anything special because I had done what you did and just put my 3gs sim into my cap. Everything worked I just wanted to make sure that they weren't going to change my unlimited data plant to their lame tier plan automatically or something. Anyway, the guy said I needed a new sim card and gave me one for free. Also it busted my voicemail. There's another thread on here having to do with that (probably old). Anyway, I doubt I actually needed a new sim, the guy was probably just following standard protocol which dictates new phone = new sim card. But it still sounds like your old sim card is toasted. Probably nicely toasted. Soon it will burn up. And be gone.