1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Former Iphoner Question?????

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redneck47441, Aug 20, 2012.

1. redneck47441

redneck47441 Lurker

I traded my iphone 4 for a samsung skyrocket to try android. After the first day I was dissapointed I did I found the android system difficult to used as far as the menu options and cutomizing you can do I was overwhelmed. I felt this way for several weeks till I started watching youtube videos on features after a day of all the new things I've learned I loved the phone and that weekend I went and upgraded to the galaxy S III. The only thing I dont care for is when making a changed to a new phone its not quite as smooth as an iphone where you just plug it in and all your pictures, numbers, app layout, text everything is uploaded and your back in business. Question is I paid for mybackup app and tried using it may be doing something wrong? Anyways whats the easiest cleaniest simplist way to backup your phone completly?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

There are probably a lot of ways you could go here but I used to use an app called My Backup Pro. That will even backup everything to your SD card or on-line if you want. When logging into a new phone or newly reset device, just signing into your gmail account will restore all your contacts and calendar events (assuming you use Google for that). Backup Pro will restore whatever you chose to backup (apps, data, settings, pics, music, etc.). iPhone does all of this a little bit easier but you can still do it with Android and you have a number of options for how you want to do it. That's the flexability of Android.

3. Shockwave78

Shockwave78 Android Enthusiast

iPhone user here since 2007, switched to the s3 for a month but went back to the 4s a few days ago. The absolute best thing about the s3/android is if you have a google account along with picasa then you are golden. It is a 1000000000x better than iCloud if you have picasa for your pictures.

You buy the phone...login to googlr at startup and you are done. All yours apps, pictures documents, music(google music) load automatically in the background while you begin to use your phone. There was no need for any additional backup apps that I had a saw a need for. Any pictures, music or anything else you do is automatically backed up to google then.

Much much easier than iCloud/iTunes, and there truly is no need for a pc ever

4. clitrenta

clitrenta Android Enthusiast

Thanks for the update Shockwave. I really wasn't sure about whether it backed up pics or not. I would probably do this over WiFi though depending on how much you're restoring. Using an SD card like I suggested might still be good if you find yourself somewhere that there isn't a signal or WiFi. I too don't care for iCloud.

5. tilk23

tilk23 Member

I use Samsung Kies on pc to backup contacts, schedule, to do,messages,s memo ,call log , music,photos,videos,miscellaneous content files, preferences and ringtones and email account information. It doesn't do apps and their orientation but that gets backed up on google side(back up& reset in the phone settings) minus their location on your homescreen. I had to do a factory reset once and when I put in my google account all the apps that I had on my phone started downloading automatically and when that finished I connected it to the pc and restored from Kies and it went smooth. Like I said before , it doesn't set up your home screens the way that you had them before but all the apps are in the app drawer and it took me 5 min. to put them back in place. I also liked the way Itunes does it but it's not a big deal to me since I don't restore my phone all the time.

6. skorpien

skorpien Newbie

The great thing about Kies is that it's able to detect if you have an iPhone backup on your system and gives you the option to restore that backup to your Samsung. I haven't used this personally, but it's what I would try if you're wanting to import your contacts, calendar, etc. from your previous iPhone backup.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews