1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Former Ludditte Android user

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Anjohl, Dec 19, 2012.

1. Anjohl

Anjohl Lurker

So I went 30 years with no cell phone, and routinely mocked the "text zombies". I finally gave in because my family wanted me to have an emergency out in case I got hurt while hiking with my dog.

So I got an Optimus One, which was obsolete tech back then even, and it grew on me. I didn't love everything about the OS (BB QNX is superior IMHO), but the apps won me over; tracking hikes with endomondo, workouts with jefit, and the ebay app let me check on sales.

So, after 2 years, having dropped/thrown my sturdy optimus one 10-20 times, and it getting water damaged TWICE, to the point that the buttons are all reconfigured/not working anymore, I took the plunge (punny) and bought a Galaxy S II X. I think I know how the native americans felt the first time they fired a rifle now!

Anyway, I am two android phones in so far, and the Galaxy is essentially my PC/Laptop (Along with my BB Playbook), so I will take care of it.

At the very least, between hiking, the gym, etc, I will find out how sturdy Samsung phones are!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Nice introduction Anjohl. Nice to know you have let your Android devices work for you. Congrats on the new phone. I hope it serves you well. Thanks for using these forums and for joining our ranks. Have fun

3. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Welcome to the forums!

Great story you have there and we have all dropped our devices every now and again :p

Anyhow I hope you enjoy your stay and get any questions you have answered.