1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Forum apps & battery/power widgets

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Emblazon, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member
    None

May 15, 2011
    No, the two aren't directly related. I simply figured I would multitask. :D

I went off and wasted $3 on Tapatalk before doing some research and finding out this board doesn't work with that app. Speaking of that app, it's completely useless to me, as none of the forums I frequent are on the app.

First question--does anyone know of any (decent) apps that will allow me to access both/either IGN or Bad Cartridge? There's a wonderful iOS app for the IGN boards that one of its patrons created, but I don't believe he has any plans to port the app over to Android. 'Tis a shame.

Second, I hate not having a battery percentage on my notification bar. What is the best battery widget out there? Or, if there is a great battery widget inside one of the bigger "power" widgets (access to all controls), I'd like to not spend money on both.

Along those same lines, I like that there are screen brightness widgets that allow for three settings, but none that I have seen allow for customizing those settings. I don't want 0%, 50%, and 100%. I have the brightness set quite low (but NOT at 0%), and then I like to have auto-brightness turned on for when I'm out in direct sunlight. Is there a widget for, or within a bigger widget, allowing me to customize the screen brightness within the widget? Example--dual setting where I tap once, and it's at my low setting (that I specified), and tap again for auto-brightness.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. PyroSporker

PyroSporker Android Expert
    None

Apr 3, 2010
    I use Curvefish's 'Brightness Level' - Android Market I don't care for the 3 stage switches or power control widgets that force you to only use 3 predetermined presets. Brightness Level pops up and lets you set to whichever percentage you wish on the fly. Unfortunately it doesn't let you customize presets like you are looking for, or control on the widget itself (pops up a slider). But it gets the job done for me and looked semi similar to the Sense widgets. You can probably find something that will do everything you are looking for, but this one I use based on the simplicity and ease of use.

Emblazon likes this.
  3. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    For battery widgets I would recommend "Battery Widget" in the market. Currently, I'm using CurrentWidget as I'm trying to map my battery usage.

Tags: