• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forum Gamers Lounge

Tolkien Professor, The Nerdist, WTF, Hardcore History & Common Sense (both by Dan Carlin), Star Talk, Doug Loves Movies, and a few others. Got any good recommendations? I listen to some NPR shows that I like if I miss them as well Car Talk, etc...

I listen to The Mike O'Meara Show every day. Adam Carolla, been listening to Nerdist since week 1 :D, Tank Riot is one of my favorites, The CaffiNation, The Skeptics Guide to the Universe, NSFW, Weird Things, Geologic Podcast, MonsterTalk, Tech 411, The Conspiracy Skeptic, Exposing PsudoAstronomy, RISK!, All About Android (if I run out of other podcasts to listen to), been trying to listen to The Marc and Lowell Show but I am still iffy if that is a keeper.

I used to listen to WTF but it seems like Maron wants to turn every podcast into a cry session. I tried the various Kevin Smith podcasts but they got old quick. I've listened to a bunch of podiobooks and currently subscribe to Scott Siglers feed since I like his writing. I used to listen to Red Bar Radio but they broke up I think Mike David has reformed it but I haven't bothered to listen to the new version. I didn't really like Skeptoid. Wreckless Media Radio was okay for a while but it seemed like they recycled a lot of content. I used to listen to both Dan Carlin's podcasts but Common Sense was a little intense as he would say and I find it hard to make 3 hours randomly available to fit Hardcore History in since it was never on a real schedule. I've probably listen to about 150 or so different shows and usually if I like the show I listen to the back catalog as well.

If you wanted to add a daily podcast I would suggest The Mike O'Meara Show (60-75 mins) followed by Carolla (90 or so mins) if you can stand him. Weekly NSFW (60 or so mins) is a must it is made by the TWIT network and really isn't NSFW but a comedy show. Geologic is also a great if you are into skepticism or are open minded (60 mins or less usually), monthly I would suggest Tank Riot (90+ mins some up to 3 hours randomly).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones