1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Forum members, please help me from going back to iPhone!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Kane860, May 14, 2013.

1. Kane860

Kane860 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2013
    so having been an iPhone user since the beginning of its introduction, I have gotten accustomed to many things such as how great of an iPod it also is and the incredible and robust nature of iTunes and syncing specific music. I just bought my first android phone, the GS4, last Friday and have been willing to become an android user because of all the cool features it has over iPhone. I was willing to give up all of my iPhone accessories, Sound Docks, Speakers, etc. to be an android user... now I just realized that my Bose MIE2i headphones and my Beats by Dre headphones DO NOT WORK ON ANDROID correctly... the built in-line remote controls DO NOT WORK other than controlling pause and play... for me that is absolutely unacceptable. Now, I turn to the forum to look for solutions for this because I would like to stick to the GS4 but I have to figure out some type of a solution.

Perhaps this has been discussed before but I am new to the forum and couldn't find anything. Could you guys please shed some light on this headphones issue? I cannot use stock headphones because none of them stay in my ear and the only ones I can use are the Bose model. I also have a Bose Bluetooth earpiece and haven't tried it yet but I hope that works correctly or I will really have a hard time keeping android..

help me stick to android and stay away from apple!!

Advertisement

2. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 25, 2012
    More information on configuring your Beats headphones can be seen in the below quote

3. Kane860

Kane860 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2013
    Thank you I will check it out. I really hope I can find a feasible solution because I want to keep my gs4

4. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User
    None

Jan 22, 2010
    I would think the Bluetooth earpiece should work...

5. Kane860

Kane860 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2013
    yes the Bluetooth earpiece works just fine.. I am still disappointed though that I have lost most function from the remotes built into my Bose MIE2I headphones and my beats by dre solo headphones.. I downloaded a 3rd party app which helped me get some of the function back but its definitely still a disappointment.

6. dan330

None

Jan 22, 2010
    I am afraid there are things that android can not do .. that iphone can do.
    and vise versa...maybe more so in android's favor.

so.. If that is a huge point for your needs/requirements... then there is only 1 option till something changes.

I am rooted and run custom ROMs on my phone and tablet. but sometimes I change from one ROM to the next.. or the dev changes the ROM.. or Google changes android in the upgrade. things change and I loose something I love. I can choose to stay in the past or move forward. I deal with the loss. it helps me to think about all the things I gained versus the few things I loose.

7. Kane860

Kane860 Newbie
    None

May 12, 2013
    yah I have already decided to stick to Android.. despite some things that iPhone has over the Android, I am still very happy with everything else that android can do that iPhone cannot.. Unfortunately there is no platform that will have everything that a person wants... if there was a third platform that combined apple with android I would be in heaven..

8. dan330

None

Jan 22, 2010
    ok.. your title to this thread is a little miss-leading

9. mikeca

mikeca Android Enthusiast

Jul 4, 2011
    As the tide keeps turning though there will be more and more accessories that work with android that the dwindling Iphone market can't support so over time this will change, I'm kind of surprised that a product as widely used as the Dr. Dre headphones don't support android fully, very strange. I have listened to music on them and they do sound awesome but never had a need really to use it for an in call headset, and didn't try them long enough to try to adjust the volume.

GOOD LUCK! Times are a changin' for sure in the phone world!

10. garumph

garumph Lurker
    None

Jun 13, 2013
    Federal Way, WA
    I'm doing the same thing, long time iPhone user currently switched to a GS4. The one thing I am missing is the ability of playing Pandora to my remote apple speakers. There must be an app for that, but I am coming up blank.

11. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    if they are made for apple, i really doubt that you will get it to work on your device. this is one reason why i do not own any apple devices. you have to be in apple's ecosystem in order to have everything work. they control who and what can be used with their devices. you will most likely have to get other speakers or if you can connect it with a headphone jack then you should be fine.

argedion likes this.
  12. argedion

argedion The TechnoFrog
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    The Infernal Swamp
    Android is freedom of choice. Apple is not. Android is for those of us who love to tinker. Apple is for those who don't know what tinkering is.

People who just want to drive should use Apple / Windows

People who want to do more than drive should use Android

ocnbrze likes this.