1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Forums app crashing

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by Fox Mulder, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Fox Mulder

VIP Member Thread Starter

Don't know if anyone's minding the store here these days, but I'll try anyway-

The last couple of days the Forums app crashes every time I open it so it is currently unusable. I've cleared data and started over, it's ok until I log in and it loads the forums then it crashes again.
    I know the first answer is "use a browser", that's not the one I'm looking for.

lunatic59 likes this.
  2. olbriar

olbriar  

You are the first to report any problems. There have been no changes to the forums. No clue what might be up. Thanks for reporting.

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. Fox Mulder

Not surprising as I don't think that many people use it these days.
    For a long time it has had a tendency to crash when I would open it after not using it for a while but it would always be fine after that. Now it just crashes every time.
    I hope someone can look into it, I know the app hasn't been updated in ages and perhaps isn't even supported any more.

lunatic59 likes this.
  4. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I actually noticed that yesterday morning on my old tablet. There's probably something on the database side that needs to be flushed, but i don't think we're getting much tech support these days.

olbriar likes this.
  5. Fox Mulder

It did work for a while yesterday but now it's broken again. Don't know if that's coincidence or if someone is actually working on it.

6. Fox Mulder

This was ok for a while but it's happening again today.

7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

It's gotta be the database side because the app certainly isn't being updated. And, yes, it's crashing again. I noticed it yesterday.

8. Fox Mulder

I think the app is a zombie at this point and isn't being monitored or supported, it just keeps working most of the time and sometimes not. I'd like to be wrong about that.

bcrichster likes this.