1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

forums are worthless

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by aikey81, Jul 10, 2011.

1. aikey81

aikey81 Lurker
    None

Jul 9, 2011
    I created a new thread yesterday and much to my frustration I can't find it. I even looked into my profile page and I don't see anything. How do we find our posts to seeif anyone has commented on it?...

Advertisement

2. JoePT

JoePT Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    It's not there. Not sure what happened to it but this is the only post/thread that shows up for you. It might not have gone through for whatever reason. Try again.

3. borikua787

borikua787 Member
    None

Jul 10, 2011
    military
    Oklahoma
    Have you tried using the search engine?

4. DaSchmarotzer

DaSchmarotzer Blame it on me
    None

Mar 10, 2010
    Studying
    Qu
    I just checked and there is no record of you ever creating a thread. JoePT said it already, but maybe there was an error when you tried to post, such as a daily backup or scheduled maintenance. Did you get an error message after posting it? You'll know instantly if it went through or not.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

PS: I moved your thread to the suggestions box / feedback subforum. ;)

5. guyver_dio

guyver_dio Member
    None

Jun 24, 2011
    Systems Developer
    Queensland, Australia
    while we're on the topic of errors on this forum, there seems to be a redirecting issue if you go to 'your posts' under the Favourite Forums section when you're not logged in. It'll come up asking you to log in, when you log in it will then redirect you but then show an error.

Not a big issue, I just click on forum in the top menu again but just letting you mod/admin people know.

6. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA)
    None

There definitely seems to be some sort of error in creating the thread you thought you made. Are you sure you clicked "New Thread"?

7. takeshi

takeshi Android Expert
    None

Dec 6, 2009
    Sounds like operator error to me. Threads are created all the time without problems. This is the only thread that you've created as far as I can tell. Are you sure it was this site?

8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    Whenever you lose a post or thread, please go your profile by clicking your name at the top right of any of our pages. From there, click the Statistics tab and then click View all posts.

If your post was moved or misplaced it will show up there.

Those of us on staff are not perfect, much as we try to get it all right, we sometimes goof or misunderstand. If you have an issue with a move, please go to your post, click the !Report button to the left of it, and kindly ask one of us to contact you regarding why your post may have been moved.

Servers are never perfect - they're machines. Sometimes, for whatever reason - a post will just get lost in the aether - rare, but it does happen. Our apologies in advance.

Please always feel free to send a PM to any of us on moderator staff (red name tags) to help you with issues like this. :)

http://androidforums.com/introductions/710-meet-team.html